Friday, July 20, 2012

Time to get some serious writing done

I think I've figured out why I've been in such a writing rut. For the past month or two, I've been driven to try my hand at something longer, like a novella or a novel. It's just not happening now. Not to say that'll never happen (it will, I'm sure), but you can't force anything when it comes to writing. Because that's how it'll turn out. Sounding very forced. I need to get back to what I'm good at: short stories. If one of those stories end up wanting to be a novel, fantastic.

Short stories may not make me a bestseller, but then again I never became a writer to get rich or sell millions of books. The fact is short stories will always be my strong point when it comes to writing.

And I'm not saying that I'll never write a novel, or should make an attempt. I should, but the time isn't right. Right now, I just want to write. ANYTHING. A little bit of writing is far better than no writing at all.

So thanks again for all of your support! Let's see if I can find a story that needs to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment