Friday, September 20, 2013

Bukowski

I’ve been really digging poems by Charles Bukowski lately. I’ve been a fan of his short stories for a few years now, but I’m finally reading his poetry. I’m not big on poems, although I admire the skill it takes to write them. Not an easy thing.

What I love about Bukowski’s poems is they’re deep, and yet they’re not overly complicated. You don’t find yourself having to google to poem later to figure out what the hell he meant. I like that. They read like little short stories, too. Another plus.

He’s written so much. I wished I could be on break right now so I could read more.

Currently reading:

2 comments:

  1. Dear Michael,

    I'm going to publish my first horror ebook soon and I need a blurb. It's called "No Reflection (and other Horror Stories)". I was wondering if I could send you a PDF version of the ebook so you can read it and tell me what you think.

    The ebook is about 120 pages long, consisting of 7 horror short stories and 1 poem. If you blurb my book, I could put your blurb on the cover.

    Please and Thank You,
    John Caliburn

    ReplyDelete
  2. While that's swell and all, sooner or later, we'll all croak, dude. Hate to tella youse, pal. Find-out where Im going so you can join this sinfull mortal...

    MyLoveLetterToJanetIrene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete