Friday, April 4, 2014

New slice-of-life short story collection coming soon!

I originally announced this on my author FB page, but I'll also post it here.

November 2011 was my very first attempt at NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). My project was a short story collection with slice-of-life stories all based around a certain event. They all took place in a small and quiet town shaken to its core when a little girl is found murdered and abused. The stories involve adults and kids, dealing with the tragedy. I ended up writing a second draft las...t year, but because real life got involved (and got too real at times), I ended up putting it off for a while and worked on Giggles instead.

After reading Alice Munro these past few months, I decided it was time to revisit the collection and finally finish the second draft. I've sent a very rough version of it to some readers I trust (and who loved my collection In Decline) to see if it was worth going forward. So far, I've heard really good things and it looks like it's going to be a reality sooner rather than later.

Sorry for the long post. But that's what I've been up to with my writing! I'm really excited about this. It feels great to work on slice-of-life stories again. I loved writing horror, but this will always be my true love when it comes to writing.
 
I'm not sure when this will all be completed, but as I've said I don't expect it to take too long. My goal is to have this done within the next few months. Before the end of the year for sure, but I really think it'll be sooner than that.

1 comment: