Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Reading and writing... and more reading

Even though I haven't had time to do a lot of writing, I've been reading a lot. I think one of the best things you can do when you're not writing is to read. You never know what's going to inspire you. Or give you that creative bug you thought was long, long gone.

After reading a bunch of Alice Munro stories lately (she has become my new favorite short story writer), I'm going back to a short story collection I started a few years back. I've finally finished a second draft. Now, I'm just editing and tightening it before I send it some readers for overall opinions. It's a slice-of-life collection where all of the stories are in a way connected--yet they work on their own.

I know I don't blog here on much, but you can follow me on BookLikes. I post there. A ton. Mostly about books, and sometimes other things. I hope you'll follow me at http://michaelcrane.booklikes.com/.

Sorry I don't post here often. I'll try to do that more, but as you know I'm not very good when it comes to talking about myself, or what I've been up to. But I love to talk about what I'm reading, so that's why I'm so active over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment