Friday, January 7, 2011

Updates, ahoy!

I'm very excited to announce that LESSONS II: ANOTHER MORBID DRABBLE COLLECTION will be released sometime next week (before my birthday, January 15th).  I'm really excited about this, and I'm also psyched that so many of you have been asking me when the new one's coming out.  Such a rare thing for me--will have to get used to it!

I know it's been a while since I first announced that I was working on / finished the book, but trust me, it's better this way.  It gave me time to go over the book a bunch of times, tweaking little things here and there.  What was nice about LESSONS II is that it didn't feel like a rush job.  I wasn't trying to get it out before a certain date, unlike with the first one.

I spoke with T.M. Roy, who's working on the cover for LESSONS II, and it looks like it could be ready before my birthday if all goes well.  I'm really excited about the ideas she has.  She has a vision of Mr. Giggles that I never even imagined, and it's delightfully horrifying.  I can't wait for you all to see it.

If you're an indie author who needs cover work, I highly recommend her.  Check out teryvisions.com to see her work, and the services she offers.

Also, author Imogen Rose was kind enough to make a temp. cover for me so I can release it next week no matter what.  Hey, what's a better reason to get people to buy my book than my birthday?  She did a great job on it.

Another good reason for the delay... I got permission from author David McAfee to use one of his shorts from his collection, A POUND OF FLASH.  Very happy about that.  After all, if it wasn't for his first collection, THE LAKE AND 17 OTHER STORIES, I don't think LESSONS would exist.  It was his warped mind and stories that showed me how you could create a great story using very little words.

Please check out A POUND OF FLASH here.  It also features one of my drabbles, "Apology."  It's nice to be able to return the favor.

So, bottom line... LESSONS II is coming out next week.  No delays, no nothing.  It's coming out, and I'm excited.  I hope you will enjoy it as much as the first one, if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment