Friday, August 27, 2010

Nothing Like a 5 Star Review from a Fellow Author (and one that I read and respect!)

Well, so far today is off to a GREAT start!  Just found a new review for IN DECLINE this morning, and not only is it a 5 star review, but it's also from a fellow author!  I hope you don't mind if I share it here real quick.


"In Decline (stories) by Michael Crane is a diverse mix of stories with a nice variety of characters and points of view. He tackles alienation, loneliness, addiction, divorce, and does it in a very real and honest way. I think my favorite story was 'Uncle Lenny' - written from a boy's point of view, Crane really captured the confusing feelings and misplaced guilt of his young protagonist. I'm glad I gave this author a try, and hope you will, too!"
- Joel Arnold, author of Fetal Bait Apocalypse; 3 Collections in 1 

You don't know how happy that makes me to see that this morning.  With having jury duty and having to take my hamster into the vet this week, it's just the boost that I needed.  Nothing makes me happier to find out that somebody enjoyed my writing--especially a fellow author!  Joel Arnold is a very talented writer, and I highly encourage you to check out some of his work.

He's not the only one.  One of the first reviews I received for this book was also from a fellow author:

"This book of short stories takes a perfect snapshot into the lives of very well drawn characters in very dark times. Looking forward to more from this author."
-Kipp Poe Speicher, author of Closing My Eyes Helps Me to See Clearly

Another talented author, if I do say so myself!

It's great when you hear feedback like that from fellow authors.  Makes me feel like I'm doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment