Thursday, January 19, 2012

And the theme for LESSONS IV is...

(drumroll)

Carnivals!

That's right. Each of these drabbles take place at random carnivals. Plenty of bloody ride mishaps (and most of them aren't accidents!), and terrible rigged games where your life depends on the outcome (spoiler alert: the games are rigged!).

I know I said I wanted to take a break from the LESSONS universe after I wrote III, and that was the truth at the time. Even though I haven't published anything new, I've been working on other things. I still have a short story collection that I need to work on and I'll hopefully have it out sometime this year.

But I've always wanted to write another LESSONS book. They're so much fun, but as I've always said I need to have a solid idea or theme. When I wrote the first two, themes just kind of happened as I wrote the drabbles--and that was easy since they were still new to me. Now, I actually have to have a bit of a gameplan when I do one of these. Also, it helps prevent me from doing the same old, same old (or at least, I hope!)

I had an idea about a carnival theme a few days ago. I ran with it, not sure if I could make anything out of it or not. The ideas came flooding in, and as I'm writing this post I'm up to 15 drabbles.

This is still months away. Even when I do get the drabbles done, there's still a lot of work that needs to be done before I can release it to the world. But know this, it's going to happen. I can now say that with confidence after working hard on it for the past few days.

I'm really excited. I hope you guys will enjoy it once it's out. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Why do you have to announce this when it's months away?

    Can't wait for IV

    ReplyDelete