Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reviews, ahoy!

Imagine my surprise when I woke up and found out that Red Adept Reviews had a review out for LESSONS AND OTHER MORBID DRABBLES.  Also, imagine my surprise when I saw the rating:

4.5 stars.

Yowza!

You can't imagine how happy I am!  Lynn from Red Adept doesn't play when it comes to reviews.  She's a professional, and isn't afraid to tell it like it is.  If your work sucks... you're gonna hear it, and she won't sugar-coat it any (although, she would come up with something a helluva lot better than "this sucks.").

But when you get a good review from her, then you know you've earned it and did something right.

I couldn't be happier.  And I'm glad that the review came before I release LESSONS II.  It made me want to go back and re-tweak a few things.  That's always the sign of a great and helpful review.  And I plan to take some of that advice before I finally decide to publish the book.

Not only that, but fellow author, Amanda Hocking gave me an excellent review.  She bought LESSONS after reading the review from Red Adept.

I came this close to fainting.

So... safe to say I'm having a pretty fantastic day.  Since the review has gone up, I'm experiencing some of the best rankings ever, and this is one of my best days of sales since my Kindleboard Book of the Day--and I didn't have to pay for it this time!

It's just nice to know that you're doing something right.  I've been getting a lot of great feedback from new readers today.  Exciting stuff!

Now, let's hope that LESSONS II is a hit as well!

To read the review from Red Adept, click here.  She's also fun to follow when it comes to reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment