Wednesday, October 20, 2010

BEDTIME: (a preview from LESSONS AND OTHER MORBID DRABBLES)

Since LESSONS AND OTHER MORBID DRABBLES is so short, I'm afraid Amazon doesn't offer much of a free preview when you go to sample it.  Very sorry about that.  Totally beyond my control.

But...

I've decided to post the very first drabble on here, so you can still get a preview of what to expect.  Enjoy!



BEDTIME


“There isn’t a monster under your bed,” Daddy says.
“Is so.”
“Bradley, I’m not going to let you stay up late because you’re making up stories about monsters and whatnot,” he says, folding his arms and frowning.
“Look under there, and if there isn’t a monster I’ll go to sleep.”
Daddy laughs and shakes his head.  “Fine.  If that’ll make you feel better.”  He gets down on his knees and sticks his head underneath my bed.
Then there’s a scream and a loud chomping noise.  I see the color red spill on the floor…
Daddy doesn’t have a head anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment