Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who thought horror drabbles could be so much fun?

What started as me wanting to put one or two horror drabbles (100-word stories) on Smashwords has grown into something else...

I now have 13 of them, and I am going to make a collection out of them.  13's the current number, but that's not in stone right now.  I could add more if I come up with anything.

It's funny how this all started.  On the Amazon forum I was asked by another author if I had ever written a drabble.  I thought about it for a while and figured, what the hell?  I'd give it a shot.  So, I wrote the drabble, Lessons, which got some very positive feedback.

The rest is history.

Just goes to show that you never can tell where a project will take you.  I'm so psyched about this.  It feels good to create something else that I can release to the world.  Not only that, but it's stories that I normally don't write.  I feel as writers we should always try to challenge ourselves.  Attempt new things, even if we don't succeed in the end.  You should always try to do something that's outside of your normal comfort zone.

You never know where the journey will take you...

(Note:  I know I posted some of the shorts here.  I've taken them down, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2, since I plan on publishing these soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment