Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another drabble collection in the works?

Here's the deal.  I love the kind of slice-of-life fiction that I write.  It still remains one of my most favorite things to write.  I love to create complex characters and have them thrown into what could seem like everyday or ordinary situations and see how they deal.

But something happened to me when I wrote LESSONS AND OTHER MORBID DRABBLES.

I had so much fun writing it, and to see how many copies I sold within only a few weeks, I knew that I was doing something right.  It's my most well-received work as of now.  I've heard nothing but great comments about it.  Sure, it's not for everybody and I know there will be some who'll pass on it, but for the most part people seem to be enjoying it.

I love my other stuff... but I can't ignore the success of LESSONS.  Yes, sales have slowed a bit, but it's still outselling everything else.

I wrote a few drabbles today.  Let's just say... you knew I had to bring back Mr. Giggles.  *evil grin*

Chances are I will be coming out with a collection sometime in the near future.  I was putting the idea off for a while, for fear of not being able to live up to LESSONS.  However, that's not the way to approach it.  I should just focus on putting out a great and entertaining collection.  It doesn't have to be better than LESSONS.  So long as I believe in the stories and I think it stays true to what I want to accomplish, then that's all that matters.

So, that's what I'll be working on.  No worries, I'm still working on the novella.  It's not going as fast as I would like it to, but I have some new ideas and am working on them.

Stay tuned!

And if you haven't checked out LESSONS AND OTHER MORBID DRABBLES, click here to go to the Amazon product page!

No comments:

Post a Comment