Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Future: LESSONS II

I was trying to figure out for the longest time what to call this new collection of drabbles.  I love the titles for my stories, but none of them scream book title to me.  So, after thinking long and hard on it, I think I finally came up with a good title.

LESSONS II: ANOTHER MORBID COLLECTION

Why not?  It is a follow-up to the first collection, in a way.  The killer who taught a "lesson" in the first one comes back to teach another, and the horrible Mr. Giggles makes his most terrifying return in a drabble that one of my author friends said was "wrong on so many levels."

It's kind of neat.  It's like having my own little series.  The new collection will be in the style of the first one.  Sick, depraved, disturbing, unsettling--but with a lot of dark humor.  I think that's what people enjoyed the most out of LESSONS.  It also makes it more fun for me.

I have 17 drabbles done so far.  I'm hoping to reach a minimum of 25, but more would be welcomed if I can get there.  I hope to have this done within the next month or so, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment